PP withdrew murder charges on Tebakor case
TWO man who have been charged for killing an old man in Tebakor on March 12, 2016 have been acquitted of one count each of intentional homicide.
Roy Pakoa and Simon Willie have been charged after the prosecution’s principal witness Steven Gregory( also known as Faly) made a formal statement last year claiming he was present when the duo assaulted a pedestrian who found dead in the next morning.
Faly then told the court that he lied to the police with his statement and said that he was scared that the police officers had a threatening attitude towards him and used threatening words to him.
“Counsel representing the Public Prosecutor Tristan Karae had asked him some questions saying that Faly claimed that there was a fight that led to the victim being bashed to death but he said that there was no fight.